Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The media picks the president, not the voters

The only way that many people learn about the candidates is through the TV and the newspaper. I believe that the media covers more people other than others. A prime example is John Edwards, who just dropped out of the presidential race. Every time I turn on TV, all I hear is about Obama or Clinton. If the media does not put your name out there, people wont vote for you. I remember in the last election when the media took advantage of Howard Dean. He was just giving a really powerful speech. The media took a little peace of the speech out of context and made him seem like he was crazy. After that, he slipped out the polls and he dropped out of the race.
I love to watch CNN and keep up with the politics on TV and the internet and I have only heard about Ron Paul once! Ron Paul raised a lot of money through online donations, but the media never picked him up. Today was the Republican debate, and the CBS did minute recap of the debate. They showed everyone but Ron Paul. I would just like to see if John Edwards and Ron Paul would of done differently if they were in the media more like the other candidates.


- work in progress--

No comments: