Friday, February 27, 2009

upcoming election

I believe that this election will finally bring the young people to the polls. I am seeing a growing number of students discussing this upcoming election. In less than a month, over 500 people have registered to vote on MTSU’s campus. I hope that this number doubles by the October 6th deadline. MTSU and American Democracy Project are doing a wonderful job hosting debate parties and discussion sessions. I see people who come to these events wanting to educate themselves on the right candidate. I just hope that these people will make it to the polls. Remember, the deadline to register to vote is October 6th and early voting is from October 15th- 30th. The next debate is at Belmont University on October 7th. Watch these debates and educate yourself on the candidates before you vote!

No comments: