Friday, February 27, 2009

History in the making

As a young person, it is a great thing to see history in the making. As Barack Obama officially won the election, you could hear cheering all throughout MTSU's campus. It was a great sound that so many people actually cared about this election and went out and voted. There were so many people around campus surrounding televisions watching history in the making. November 4, 2008 will be one of those stories I will tell my kids and grandchildren. But, my happiness was shorted lived on campus because of two separate incidents, one of those I believe had to do with Barack Obama's race. It saddens me that there are some people who still hold racist views in this society and that they attend my college. I hope that we can move past these events and come together behind Barack Obama. Even if you did not vote for him, he will be our next president and give him a chance to lead our country before you judge him.

No comments: