Friday, September 28, 2007

Buy cigs out of state...go to jail?

I live in Tennessee and recently they increased the tax on cigarettes. This has caused many Tennesseans that live close to the boarders to drive out of state and buy cigarettes cheap. But, there is a law in place that if you buy more than 2 cartons of cigs out of state and cross the boarder with them; you cigs will be confiscated, you can get fined, go to jail or even get your car impounded. I think that is ludicrous. I dont see how they can takeaway your right to drive to another state to buy cigs. Many people will loose their cigarettes to the police just cause they didnt buy them in TN. I think that is crazy. I think we should change this law. I am not a smoker, but i believe they are taking away our freedom by shopping somewhere else.

No comments: