Saturday, June 28, 2008

GI BILL

I am a Student Orientation leader at MTSU, which is a person who helps with the freshman orientation. I was very excited to see someone who was enrolling through the GI Bill in my group. I am very happy that this man served his country and now is going to go to school for free. I hope that many of our servicemen and women will take part in the GI Bill and go to school for free. I think the GI Bill is a great way to thank our them for the work they have done. I hope that we can expand the GI Bill to offer more money and more benefits for our soldiers.

1 comment:

Blackguy Executive said...

Unfortunately, The MGIBill goes through the Department of Veterans Affairs, which is possibly the most disfunctional department in our federal government. I am glad to see that the soldier is able to utilize the benefits of the MGIB but sadly to say the process after a soldier or sailor returns or separates from the service is too slow. It seems that the VA is always experiencing a high volume of cases and not enough people to process them. I understand that the VA is just like any other governmental bureacracy but we MUST pay more attention to those who are fighting for us. We must give them the time of day and take care of them.