Thursday, April 17, 2008

Christianity

Do you want to know why I am turning away from Christianity? Christians! I have received many e-mails stating that I am going to have “eternal consequences” and that I am not a Christian. I thought being a Christian is accepting that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. After these past weeks, it seems that I am wrong. Basically, people are telling me I am going to hell because of my personal opinions on issue like same-sex marriage and abortion. Every time I receive an e-mail, I am stepping farther and farther away from Christianity. These people need to learn that you cannot convert me by telling me I am going to go to hell. If you want to try and convert someone, you need to respect the person you are talking to. I just thought I would let these people know, that you are doing a great job turning people away from religion.

2 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Anonymous said...

You are not going to hell for your opinions about same sex marriage and abortion. I know these christians who are extremely judgmental and the christians who think that their way is the only right way and everyone should be condemned. Being judgmental is just as much a sin as any other. I am a christian. I am against same sex marriage and abortion, but I would never think to judge you on your opinions. God made us all differently, with different opinions. We live in a country where we are free. Being a christian is not just a religion to me. For me, I barely go to church because I see christianity to be more of a relationship. A relationship with Jesus. Don't, for one instant think that you are not accepted because of your opinions. All I can say is, read the bible, study it, and pray. I also recommend the book Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.